Both Saturday and Sunday were profitable days. I managed to stick on AstroLander and work a dozen of details, such as :
- Normalize the audio tracks
- Improve the touch/click reactivity of the main GUI
- Write a few common function to create UI buttons and ultimately refactor the existing UI code
- Implement a “Pause Menu” when in-game. Works perfectly and stops the game completely (display, stopwatch, physics, particles and whatnot)
- Fix an inconsistent design in the score calculations
- Renamed a dozen of scene files and their respective classes
Not bad, for a Sunday 🙂
While it is too early to expose here the idea I have regarding my next game project, I can say it will involve robots…animated robots.
The challenge here will be to animate the robots using a procedural technique as I want them to be able to place their hands randomly.
For this purpose I will probably use two things :
1. This robot I modeled years ago (here in a shameless photoshopping)
2. The physic engine of GameStart, and especially joints, to assemble a sort of ragdoll, so that I shall only need to animate the hands if I want to move the arms 🙂
I need to finish and release Astlan first, anyway!